www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Cedar River Fishing Report

Default Cedar River Fishing Report

Evening Report

The stars finally aligned just right for us down here at Cedar River and we had a fantastic night Friday. Headed out at about 9:30 pm CST and fished the bright moon till about 2 am. We wound up going 16 for 20 something with lots of big fish. I think we had 2 fish 30+, a couple at 29+, and a few more at 28+. The majority of our fish are still coming in shallow 6-12 foot depths, however we did take a double out in 27 feet of water at one point.

Red has continued to be the most productive color in Smithwicks, Bombers, and Reef Runners. Brown trout 18 Rapalas also produced quite a few hits for us last night as well. Been running all of our baits on short 30 to 50 foot leads.

Morning Report

After a quick 45 min lay down headed back out at 4 am on a friend's boat in search of some trout/salmon. We put out lines at Whaleback and trolled around till about 10 am without any bites. Marked a few fish but didn't mark hardly any bait. On the ride in found a nice scum line loaded with bugs about 1 mile outside of the green can in Cedar River. Trolled a bunch of orange spoons on 2 - 3 colors of lead looking for some steel without any bites. Decided to head in around 1 pm.

A quick warning....the green can at Whaleback is about 1/4 mile East of where it should be due to the ice over the winter. Going to call it in on Monday to see if they will move it back but it could definitely ruin your day if you thought it was in its correct position.

All the following pics are from last night except for one dandy 28.5 that a friend caught last Saturday.

Ciao-

Capt. Jim McDonald

Additional pics

Default Wait'n for salmon

Fin,
    Sounds like a great night for the walleyes... Nice Fish!! Too bad the salmon report was kinda dead. I'm anxious to get out after the Kings again so let us know when things improve. Thanks for the report!

I'm really anxious to get on some salmon too! After catching a bunch of jumping, line snapping, and reel screaming steelies this spring the walleye bite isn't getting me as exciting as usual. I need something that makes my arm hurt when you reel them in.

I am considering heading to the Soo this weekend....heard the Atlantics are starting and are a blast to catch on a fly rod. If not that I might go jump on the car ferry and head to Ludington to fish salmon with my dad. Or maybe I could go to Sturgeon Bay and fish with my friend Dave that is taking his boat there for the week.

Yeah right- I'll probably just stay home and go walleye fishing some more!

Capt. Jim McDonald

Good job on removing those Brown Trout eating damn walleye.