www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for June 2

Default Fishing Report for June 2

Musky fished today, started out on a deep clear water lake, my client got a pike, and not even a follow, so we switched lakes. we went to a shallow weedy lake, had one fish blow up at the boat on an 8" slammer, never got to see how big it was though, then my client lost one on a walleye colored Rabid Squirrel Spinnerbait, looked to be in the low to mid 30 inch fish. then the same client on the same bait, had a really big upper 40 to 50 inch fish follow real lazy, turned off at the boat never to be seen again, pretty cool seeing a fish that big this early in the season.

good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Tanner,
    The fish we saw on last Friday night were very boat shy. They turned on 5-10 feet from the boat very quickly. We didn't make any sudden movements or anything unusual to have 3 fish turn off like that. Satyrday's fish was hot on the bait and followed into the fisrt turn. Have you seen this before. The water was darker and very unusual for us to have seen this on 3 fish all on the same lake. We couldn't figure it out. Any suggestions? I know you say we are the worst fisherman in the world but this one had us puzzled.

Congrat's to taking the plunge with Jess. Wish the both of you the best of luck. Good luck fishing. Talk to you later.

Trever,
    Thanks! yeah this time of the year you will see fish follow like that alot, it is just spawned out females, that it seems like they are territorial almost, and just want to follow your bait away from there area, to make sure it doesnt stay there, hopefully with the water warming up the big ones will start bitting soon.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com