www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Savage Gear 4Play

Default Savage Gear 4Play

I saw a post on here with questions about Savage Gear Lures a while bak. I have been targeting musky for about 2 years now, and I'm still learning alot about fishing them. I'm a big fan of jerk baits early season and I have been successful using the suspended 4play with the lip in Walleye(Zander) color on Cassadaga Lake here in NY. 4 fish fell to this bait athe beginning of last summer on that lake. All between 34-39 inches. The bait has held up great. I just ordered the 10 version of that bait that just came out. It has no lip, but i'm hoping that the bigger bait will mean bigger fish. Just thought I would share.

Kaz~

The fish I posted this morning was caught on the Savage Gear Freestyler.......
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I just ordered the 7 inch freestyler in Perch Pattern from Rollies a few days ago. I havn't tried one yet, but the action on the savage gear videos look good. I'm hoping to get it tomorrow. What color Freestyler were you using?I also ordered 2 "8 inch mantas", one in the Lac Seul Perch color and the other in fire tiger.

Kaz~

I have the pikie and rainbow colors.......
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Where was anyone able to get their hands on savage lures? I'm looking for a couple of the 7 inch freestylers and rollie and helen's says they're out of stock, along with lots of other companies, and don't know when they'll get more in. All they have left is the pike and sucker they said. Anyone know where I can find the walleye and rainbow versions?
    Last edited by river rat24; 05-21-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Rollie & Helens just got some in a couple days ago. I just ordered the Perch Freestyler 7 Inch with the new 10 inch 4play in walleye(zander) pattern 2 days ago. The 10 inch isnt on their website yet, and their website isnt updated right away. Unless they sold out of them in 2 days, which I doubt, they should have some in now. Makes sure you call to place the order over the phone. The lures will not be updated on the website.

Kaz~