www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: interesting letter to editor

Thumbs down interesting letter to editor

I saw this letter in the daily press today and thought I would share it with everyone. Apparently we are all a bunch of heartless jerks for wanting justice for the people that ILLEGALLY netted the walleye.

EDITOR:

Illegal fishing probe continues Escanaba, April 20, the Daily Press:

"The DNR discovered an unusually high amount of walleye being sold in the wholesale fish market during the past few winters resulting in the arrest of six members of the Sault Ste. Marie Chippewa Tribe. Because of the magnitude and complexity of the case the DNR brought in U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the U.S. Attorney's Office."

I am in awe that catching fish can be complex and even more struck that catching fish can be a crime.

Instead of wasting on their derriere, we have six men trying to make a living fishing, a challenging brutal winter occupation, to feed their families during a depression.

Required reading for the DNR should be "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee." But really, can Michigan taxpayers afford to fund millions of dollars so DNR can prosecute fish (there must be billions of fish in these waters)? Especially since the state of Michigan is running a $1 billion a year deficit that will necessitate huge increases in our taxes.

Then, just recently, a truly poor women was sent to jail for a whole month by an judge costing the state $5,000 for an unpaid $100 fee that was her son's obligation. Surly, can these two cases illustrate how our legal system must have gone to hell?

James Vanlerberghe, Riverview, Mich.
    "By the Power of Grayskull! I have the Power!"

Opinions are like you-know-whats, everyone has one. Perhaps Mr. Vanlerberghe should have included a more comprehensive list of which laws are ok to break and which ones should be enforced. I suppose we should be glad he's not a judge.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Exclamation

This letter is a prime example of how liberals are ruining this great country. Good luck to all on Friday.

Poor guy - he obviously doesn't fish AND he lives in Detroit. I almost feel sorry for him
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com