www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring Gobbler

Default Spring Gobbler

Has anyone bagged a good bird lately??

I have been hearnig them around my house and echoing around the river the past few weeks. I miss those days except for the 3am wake-up.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I don't hunt anymore, but bagged a nice one with the hood of my car a couple of weekends ago. Almost got another last Sunday. LOL

Did you pick the meat out of your grill at least??
    Last edited by Red Childress; 05-06-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

LMAO Nope. Didn't even get a chance to stop until almost a half mile down the road because the road was so narrow. Just got the vehicle back last week with a new hood. That was one expensive &#$%^* bird!! I did save a couple of feathers for my insurance company. LOL

I've been after them pretty much every morning before work. They have been frustrating so far this season. Seems where I have been hunting they gobble good on the roost only to fly down and shut right up. Busted by a couple big toms last week. I think they are just starting to really get fired up the next couple weeks.

Chris,

Just let me know the road that runs near your hunting grounds and I'll drive by and call one out for you in no time!! I swear that driving with the boat on back is like some sort of Turkey call. I almost went 2 for 2. LOL

A friend at work told me that I should go hunt for Turkey and maybe I'd hit a Musky the next time. Might be my best chance to get things rolling here in '09.

I have been out a handful of times and it's been frustrating! The birds out this way have been very quiet! I haven't heard a gobble until the last time I was out....and he gobbled twice and then shut up. I'm not ready to give up yet though!