Legal + 6? Yikes. You're taking the "yao ming" of the Musky world.

I think when you go to Eagle, you got a great shot at a 52-54" in your lifetime. 54-56" is "possible". Anything more than that and you're talking an absolute freak of nature, and the odds are just so stacked against us. One, you gotta locate it. Two, you gotta get it to chase. Three, you gotta get it to commit. Four, you actually gotta land it.

Scotty, the day after I got my fish, you told me, "Danno, I grew up here and I got one 54" to my name. I know a lot of guys who fish here a lot, and haven't hit 54." That was when it really started to hit me. But again, I think on Eagle, everyone has a great, great shot at girthy 52-54". I stand by that.

I think, as Herbie says, the next few classes of fish coming up (that bumper crop of 44-48" fish) is going to be interesting. Just how many are going to hit 50-54" in the next 5-6 years? It could be quite an amazing stretch in the next half decade or so. How many 50"+ fish can Eagle support?

On that last note, I tell my buddies who fish that I fully expect by the time I'm "done" (I'm 35, so I hopefully have many years left in me) that I will have at least a 1/2 dozen 50"+ fish (all from Eagle) reproduced on my wall. In 2010, it looks as though my friends will be coming to fish Eagle. They're seriously talking about it.

ANYTHING can happen on Eagle. World Records are in there. I personally believe anyone who overlooks Eagle as THE prime Musky destination in Canada is only hurting themselves. I went to LOTW twice...haven't been back to LOTW since my first trip to Eagle. I laughed out loud when I read that Musky Hunter article a few issues ago. Ooooh-kay everyone...go to LOTW and Minnesota. That just means more big girthy 50"+ for us who fish Eagle.

Enjoy the ride and upward trend on Eagle my frends. It keeps getting better and better. I know I will be riding the trend for many years to come.

-Dan