Another good read from blue. Randy, I think he may sound arrogant because he knows what hes talking about. Its obvious to me that he has spent a fair amount of time researching the subject. And I can understand how someone could get aggrovated while debating with someone who obviously hasnt... No offense. Ive been going to the flowage since I was a kid, but Im not gonna pretend to know why the fishing evolved the way it did. I'll admit that I always thought spearing had hurt the walleye, because thats just what Ive always heard. In light of this thread, I now think otherwise. But I gotta be honest... I never cared. I have way more fun on the flowage these days. We still limit on walleye for dinner every day we're up there. And have a blast catching smallies the rest of the time.

Thanks for the tips paul. We actually drift the flats often. We used to use jig and a minnow more. But for some reason we got away from it. We usually cast spinners tipped with a grub, like a berkly power grub, or something like it. I usually get more action on the smaller spinners. Even the "mini" ones. Ive caught some of the biggest fish on the smallest spinners. But that grub is the key for us. Tube jigs aint half bad either. Try flippin one next to a stump on a hot summer day. you'll find those fish when they're hidin'.

I'd enjoy any other favorite techniques. Thanks. mike