Quote Originally Posted by jigrapper View Post
Nice fish Kevin....Do you guys ever notice a different bite with a low barometer this time of year? For example, today the barometer was very low 29.28 AND it said "poor fishing" What gives? Does it affect the fish differently in a larger- deeper body of water? Any thoughts on this....
I wouldn't exactly say that we had a great bite last night with each of us only landing two keepers. As far as the barometer, what we've found is that the fish can really light up just prior to a low, and during a low, and we've had some awesome days in shallower water during a low (storm). By shallow, I mean 6 to 10 fow. As the high pressure moves in, seems the fish slow some and maybe move deeper some, but two or three days into a high (consistent weather) and the bite is pretty good and consistent again. Last evening a friend of ours caught 4 nice fish and had others come off as well, so the bite was o.k. for him, but not great by Little Bay standards. A great bite would be like Walleye Guy and I had two years ago at first ice when we hooked 32 nice fish in one afternoon and the following morning...now that was fun! Chris hit it on the head though...the best time to go is whenever you can!!! Good luck fishing...