www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Can you recommend best anchor for fishing the TFF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I purchased my used 16.5 foot V-Hull with a Worth Anchormate system mounted on the stern. It has a 8 pound mushroom style anchor. We fish the log jams from the bow of the boat and let the anchor get caught up on logs on the bottom. There are a couple nice features with this system; 1) you are able to let out more anchor line to get closer to the log jams, 2) there is no pulling up the anchor line by hand, you simply crank it up, 3) the small mushroom anchor typically frees up when you back up to it. It works so well that a brother added 1 to his boat. BTW...I also carry a heaver 18 pound river style anchor for deeper water or high wind conditions.

FYI...I just checked Cabela's and the style of unit that I use is actually called 'Worth Anchormate II'

Thanks MonarkPro1650....perhaps you have the right idea. Maybe going with a lighter anchor system in the stumps (cuz it doesn't take much to get snagged) then have a heavier setup for the deeper....less snaggeir areas. Thanks.....will give this some deep thought.