www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

The past two days has seen some pretty good action from both walleye and crappie. Tuesday was spent crappie fishing with guests Gary and Kim and we had an action packed day. Using 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with medium fatheads, we worked a good deal of deep stumps/brush piles along with a number of cribs to limit on some big slabs. Switching to larger jigs and large fatheads we tried a good number of deep river channel bends and boated several small eyes but did keep 5 that were quality keepers. Wednesday was spent walleye fishing with my guest Jason. With clear sky's and just a slight breeze in the morning hours, we spent our time working 12 to 15 foot depths over submerged stumps and found a good number of small eyes along with 4 good keepers and 4 real nice jumbo perch. Afternoon hours were spent working deep river channels and once again found a good deal of smaller eyes along with 1 big crappie and our final 2 nice keeper eyes to end the day.

Back out today and tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Default Coming up next week

We're heading up to the TFF next Friday for our fall trip. Usually make this trip in mid September, but stuff was going on for some of us this year. I'm just hoping there is still open water in the Lake Bastine area.

The last time we headed up this late (at least 10 years ago), we had snow almost every day. When you get to the point you can't tie a fishing knot???

My son-in-law had a great comment. He said he was going to prep for future trips by sitting in a freezer for 6 hours with a big fan blowing in his face. He figured if he can tie a knot there, he can tie a knot anywhere.

A very wise son-in-law, bring your woolies. Hope to see you out there.
    Don Pemble

Cool Woolies???

Weather forecast looks warm and sunny for the weekend. I'm packing flip flops and leaving the woolies at home! Not used to fishing late summer walleye patterns this late in the year but definitely looking forward to it. Any idea on water temps and are the walleye showing any signs of transition to deeper water or are they still scattered about? Hopefully they're concentrated just outside of Donner's Bay during halftime on Sunday. Go Pack!

Quick story..... We were up there a few years back on our fall trip during a Packer/Bear weekend. We're all Green Bay fans and the cabin next door was occupied by the enemy. As we boarded our boat for a Sunday afternoon of fishing with the game on the radio, we looked over and saw our neighbors to the south loading up to do the same. As we fired up the 2 stroke Mercury and drove away from the dock, my brother, acting as if he were reading a message off his phone, announced (just loud enough for the Bear's boat to hear) "Looks like Cutler's not playing today". As all five Bears fans popped up their heads and looked over he delivered the punchline "he's got a nasty yeast infection". I hammered it down and we shot off as they were delivering their one finger salutes The last laugh was ours too as the Pack prevailed and we limited out. Goes down as one of my top five days ever on the flowage. Hoping for a repeat this Sunday!

Temps are in the mid 50's in the morning rising to around 59 by late afternoon, many scattered walleye but also many starting to relate to deep river channels and main lake basins. Was out yesterday and you could almost walk across Lake 10 with the pea soup conditions.
    Don Pemble