www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Sundays trip was cut short as steady rain and threatening sky's chased my guest Virginia and I off the flowage. We did manage to boat 4 eyes and a couple of perch in an hour of fishing but they were released. Yesterdays weather was somewhat better with on and off rain showers and my guests Jeff, Dan and I had a field day with the walleye and mosquitos. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads, we fished a total of 3 different areas and found action in two of them. Both areas were roughly 6 feet deep and up against log jams with a light breeze blowing into them. We could have used a 20 mph wind or head nets as we were completely covered with them vicious little blood suckers every time we got within 20 yards of shore, but the steady walleye action kind of equaled the challenge from the skeeters. We only managed 1 real nice eye from the first spot, but the second seemed like we had a eye on every few casts. In just over twenty minutes we boated around 15 eyes and kept 8 beauties to go along with the one we already had in the well. We then moved to shallower water to vertical jig some submerged reeds for perch and found only 4 keepers along with a few hefty smallies to round out our morning of fishing.

Back out today if weather permits, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Don good to here about the good fishing and bad about the skeeters. We got out of there just before the bugs hit.With the bugs being so bad I was wondering if you ever tried a thermacell bug repellent.

Nope, but I've heard that a 20 gauge works just fine.
    Don Pemble

Be careful of those thermacell mosquito repellants. If you read the package, they are not good for use in a boat or anywhere else with water nearby. Those chemicals are extremely toxic,and they fall into the water and disrupt insects(the good and bad) for many years.

Attachment 22073
    TFF fishing attire.

I have one and it works great.
    Don Pemble