www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Auger Choices?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not an expert either. I have a 20 year old gas Strikemaster that still drills holes like mad. I would guess that most of the newer Ice augers will do a great job. I like a 10" hole, for trout and pike fishing, but that may not be necessary. If you are opening holes in a permanent house and you don't have lots of holes to drill an electric is pretty nice as you don't fill the house with gas fumes. Had a buddy that had one and it worked great.

Doug Johnson

I bought a new Strikemaster 4 stroke with a honda engine this year. Really like it, starts on 2nd pull. Runs smooth. Brother in law has a Jiffy propane, had a couple of issues with propane leaking out, but not all the time.

Nils make great augers, but you cant just go into any baitshop and get blades like Strikemaster.

Here is a vid of my Strikemaster Solo off Oak. That is with the 8 inch lazer blade. I have a seperate 10 inch chipper for opening old holes in my perm shack.

I like the Jiffy propane units, but have seen a few issues that would be show stopper on trips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGPDQo74xQ