www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Open seat, Saturday November 9th 2013 north end of TFF

Default Open seat, Saturday November 9th 2013 north end of TFF

Hey all,

I'll be Musky fishing the northern end of the TFF this Saturday, November 9th 2013.

There's an open seat in my boat. My usual fishing partner, loyal friend, and beautiful dog - Patrick, won't be fishing with me anymore. I had to bury him a month ago. Damned car hit him.

Anyway.... Kids all have other plans, friends are bowhunting. If you want to do some Musky fishing, I've got room in the boat for you. I'll be staying at Haven by the Falls, and launching at the Lake of the Falls campground boat landing.

You can call or text me at 920-850-4352. Texting will work better after late Friday evening.

I'm fairly flexible ....not sure how many hours I'll fish.

If you're intersted, let me know.

Jeff

Ruff fish sorry to hear about the dog.and its cool to hear that you are offering someone to fish with you ,were is heaven by the falls i don't recall seeing it. I'm in IL. and we don't get offers from other fisherman down here,good luck and post how you did ,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Always tough and they seem to leave us when we become the most attached to them.

Jay

Ruff fish,

Did you hook up with any skis today?

And are you going out next weekend?

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Ruff Fish,

Sorry for your loss. I hope you get another slobber-puss soon. We can bring our girls over to play.

Please give me a call about TFFA membership. We are about to print another 15,000 maps if you want to list your place.

Thanks for the kind words Sureshot, JayandCade and Scott. I miss that dog terribly.... Ain't smiled much since he passed.... He always knew what I was thinking, and I knew what he was thinking... He woke up the middle son and dragged him into the basement once when the sump pump was pumping water on the ground. He barked at me when I'd do something dangerous. Dog had my back. Damn. I had promised my wife, who doesn't like animals, that I wouldn't replace him when he goes.... I didn't think I'd lose him so early, he was only 6.

Sureshot, Haven by the Falls is the red place immediately adjacent to the Lake of the Falls Campground. I own it. It's not too unusual for "open seat" postings up here. I see it on the Musky Hunter forum fairly often, I thought that this being a Mercer focused board, this might be the most appropriate venue.

I ended up fishing alone. Dang rain, sleet, snow and wind made it less pleasant than I had hoped. I casted artificials, and soaked a sucker for about 3 hours. Not a fish, not a follow. If the wind would have went away, I would have fished a few more hours.....

Funny thing....as I had just about had enough, I decided that I was looking forward to warming up in front of a roaring fire and reading my book....I realized that I couldn't find my glasses. Got back to The Haven, and looked all over. Found them in the driveway. They musta fallen out of my pocket and I ran them over...twice, it looked like. Got them back together and read my book.

Scott, I'm going to pass for this year, yet. But I'm going to commit to finally having a beer with you and talking it over this next year (summer?). You have my authorization to harass me, if I don't make the first move....
    Last edited by Ruff Fish; 11-11-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Clarity

Ruff Fish the more we come up there and talk to folks we learn more it seems we know more folks up north then down here . i was wondering how is the view out the back at haven. it looks like a great place for a webcam.and i know you are close to the tav trails but can you ride to them from haven.we have land up by 310 rd . and we are going to work on it the next couple years .is the flow age freezing up

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot612 View Post
    Ruff Fish the more we come up there and talk to folks we learn more it seems we know more folks up north then down here . i was wondering how is the view out the back at haven. it looks like a great place for a webcam.and i know you are close to the tav trails but can you ride to them from haven.we have land up by 310 rd . and we are going to work on it the next couple years .is the flow age freezing up
    Hi Sureshot,

I live down closer to Green Bay. I didn't see any freezing up at the north end last weekend, but there's a lot of current and I don't always get up very often.

I've been thinking about a webcam...maybe sneaking one up one of the trees on my property looking at the waterfall? Do they make wireless ones, like I could clandestinely (and probably illegally?) glue one under the dam looking at the falls? Anyway...I'm putting off adding any new expenses like internet service until the cash flow goes up just a little more.

I'm wondering who/what is a good resource to find out the new ATV rules? I was wondering myself...and don't honestly know, and I've been getting asked more often.

310 road.....is that directly north of my area? If you're ever in the neighborhood and see my white Suburban with my Ruffing Automotive logo on it, say "Hi".

Ruff

Information on the ATV trails and ATV routes may be obtained from the Mercer Chamber at www.mercercc.com The "trails" are for riding, touring etc. The "routes" are for accessing the "trails".

Ruff Fish 310 is north on 51 just past Ruggers the only thing i know about webcams is watching them. the only coverage i can get is with the new trail cams that use a cell phone sim card .im working with exel energy to get power on my lot.its going to be along spring for me with getting things lined up ,we like to make the rounds when we are up there so if we see you we will stop by and say hi. maybe if you find out what it cost for a year , run a raffle for a weekend stay at the haven to cover the cost ,just an idea.Scott we have been atving up there for a few years ,and its good to see that we can at least get to gateway ,i hope they work on getting more trails open. Scott if possible can you post some of the things going on that are not covered on the chamber web sight . thanks

Sureshot: The Mercer Chamber site has all area events that I'm aware of. The only events not posted that I'm aware of would be Donners Bay walleye contest and Dear Lodge musky contest in October as they prefer to keep them private. Was there anything you had in mind?

Also, talk to Wayne at Gateway about the ATV trails/routes. He can better explain it.

Still open water, but that should start to change on Monday, Nov. 18, 2013. Brrrrrrr!

Scott those were the other ones i was referring to thanks.and i talked to Wayne when we were up there in may fishing ,we stopped in for dinner and then we checked out and road the trail in the summer atving. mon. looks cold for you until next sat. when was the latest you have seen anyone fishing open water and on a good bite .