Thursday's walleye action remained good as my clients and I found nice sized eyes on just about every spot we fished. Deciding not to fish areas where we could get the big numbers of smaller fish, we worked areas that I had not fished yet this spring in search of good quality eyes and it paid off for us. Our first spot was a total bust as we worked a rocky point that dropped from a few feet deep down to 13 and all we came up with was 1 smallie. We then moved to a submerged rock bar that was only 2 feet below the surface but dropped to 11 feet and here we nailed a couple of chunky eyes and another smallie. We then moved to 6 and 8 foot depths with old coontail and found more active eyes, all very chunky to say the least. We continued to try different depths and structure and found success most everywhere. One of our last stops we worked a rock bar in no deeper than 4 feet of water and found 2 more active fat eyes. Both 1/16th and 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads done the trick again. Note,every one of our 18 and 19 inch eyes were males and they were still milking.

Back out on Saturday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
dpemble@centurytel.net