www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First impression on Tranx

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First impression on Tranx

I received my Tranx HG 6.4 and put some 100# Power Pro and off to the River I go. Casted double 10s nice and fast but
    was a little tuff reeling and that was expected with the HG reel . I changed the Handle to a LVJ Handle that has more
    Leverage,a little longer and with the smaller knob I believe is lighter. I also did not fill spool all the way to try to slow
    this machine down. I think this changes enhanced this reel and I may remove a little more line to change the pick up
    to around 39-40 inches per revolution. This is not a magic reel and is a little heavy but I do like it. I did remove the spool
    and clean the spool shafts and used a Q tip to clean out some of the grease in the pinion gear cause Shimano really
    loads the grease in and this did help the free spool. I still like my Trinidad 12n (gold ) and would not rush off and sell it.
    I did cast a top Raider almost across the river and this reel will throw a lot of lures really well. Also I am happy that I
    Did get the HG 6.4 reel. Also if anyone has a Tn12/14 the Handle on the Tranx will bolt on and give you a little extra
    Leverage over the stock handle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TN 12 1_1.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	16128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tranx 1_1.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	16127