www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: DNR Spring hearings 2012 Results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DNR Spring hearings 2012 Results

Hi everyone,

I attended the Sawyer county DNR Spring hearing last night. First thing the panel emphasized is that absolutely no rule changes were going to be made this year. Sad to see how the over paid stuffed shirts in Madison are ruining a public forum designed to allow the sportsman to help in the decision making. We were told over and over that these questions were just "generalizations" and they wanted to know how we "felt" about these questions. Get a "pulse" on how we "feel". Nothing was definite. How do you feel about this-yes or no. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

The most discussions came from managment zones for fishing, allowing continuos seasons instead of closing any season, and changing a boundry line on a dmu in Sawyer county. And oh yes, an old lady actually stood up and cried a river about shooting her sand hill cranes. She had actual tears running down her cheecks. Thought we were talking about doves again. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Surprisingly, not much discussion on the three trolling questions. Just a few comments. Statewide results of the voting- for whatever it was worth- will be released Wednesday. I'll post results of the most interesting ones then.

I had a chance to talk with the fisheries manager for Sawyer county and my big question was if we will have some kind of size limit for walleyes on the Chippewa Flowage. NO. It will be three years minimum before we can possibly see that happen. With the way the people in Madison have changed the rules process, it takes a minimum of three years to enact any kind of change. SAD SAD SAD. I'm an optimist, so I still hold out hope that the fishery manager will be able to use an emergency type of rule to put on a size limit for the walleyes. The good news from him was that last fall the DNR saw a marked increase in YOY walleyes in their shocking surveys. He also emphasized the importance of keeping LMBass for the table. With the walleyes on the ropes, it makes sense for people to keep LMBass for the table and release walleyes.

Even with the walleye population seemingly lower than past years, I still offer my "WALLEYE GUARANTEE". I have a system that has enabled me to catch walleyes even when most other people don't. "THE WALLEYEMAXX SYSTEM". I have 52 years on the Chippewa Flowage and have seen the populations of walleyes swing up and down many times. The walleyes will bounce back. They always do. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Last edited by walleyemaxx; 04-12-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.