www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Field and Stream's December Musky Hunt on the Allegheny River

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Field and Stream's December Musky Hunt on the Allegheny River

Joe Cermele (Editor of Field and Stream) and Mark Modoski (editor of Fisherman Magazine and friend of Joe's) came to Warren a few weeks ago with Joe trying to catch his first musky during his birthday weekend. We had talked about doing this about a year ago but I did not feel comfortable in further exposing this area's musky opportunities but after being assured that we would not purposely disclose certain musky locations, I decided to do it. Joe asked me to contact him when I felt his chances of getting good musky action was the greatest so I had him come up in mid-December. I had several fish located in some secondary locations due to higher than normal river flows......."all" the fish had to do was cooperate.

The stressful part was trying to get it all on video for the final episode of "Hook Shots". Our boat netted 3 muskies between the 3 of us (I will not ruin the outcome before you see the video) in some challenging weather conditions and the bite was a little tougher than it had been the previous 10 weeks.

Please keep in mind that I had very little to do with the editing phase and commentary selection during the show. I will say that it was kinda awkward shooting my "garage comments" while having a conversation with the free-standing camera because Joe had me bouncing around the timeline of the video highlights...........one minute I was talking in the past tense and the next minute the present and future tenses. It was confusing (and comical) at times.

Click the link below to see the 10 minute video. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/videos...nd-muskie-hunt
    Last edited by Red Childress; 12-29-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com