www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Results from the last couple nights

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Results from the last couple nights

After a busy weekend at the shop, I'm able to get out a little bit, again. Still fishing off of Gladstone. Access is in great shape. The snow cut-off at the Wisconsin boarder, so there's no problem getting around, (left the truck in 2WD tonight.) Biggest problem is the glare ice, (time to break out the creepers again!)

Bite Sunday night was a little late to get going, but I had a flurry of activity at 6:30. Ended up landing 4 fish, with 3 being keepers. Nothing huge, just nice eaters in the 15 1/2 to 19 inch range. Met the the fisheries guy at the landing, and was able to give him some tissue samples from the fish for VHS testing.

Bite was much more spread out tonight. Got set up at 5pm, and while I was getting things organized, a fish showed on the graph. I had to scramble to get a bait hooked up and dropped down to the fish. Two hard pumps with a #9 Glow Hot Perch Rap and I had the first fish of the night - about A 20 incher. Caught 4 more fish in the next hour and a half. Kept 4 in the 15 1/2 to 21 inch range. Got three on the Rap, and two on a prototype Shiver Minnow color. The last one was at 6:30. It smacked that Shiver 4 times before it finally got hooked. Why can't the big ones hit like that? Guess that's how they get to be big!

We had mixed reports from over the weekend. Overall, the bite was better than expected, considering all the wind on Friday and Saturday. There were definitely more big fish caught this weekend, compared to the previous few weeks. Most of the bigger fish were taken on sucker minnows. Brandon Parchen stopped in the shop with a 28 3/4 inch, 9 1/2 pounder that he caught Sunday morning.

Anyway, here's a pic of Brandon's fish, and one of mine from tonight, choking on Rap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brandons big walleye 1.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	12711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-21 walleyes 001a.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	12712  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com