www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fishing report 1-15-2011

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default fishing report 1-15-2011

Hi everyone,

Despite the less than perfect weather, the Walleyes were biting pretty good. the barometer was rising, the temp was dropping, and the wind was starting to pick up. By the time I called it a night, the wind chill was 5 below zero and dropping. I might have stayed out longer, but the battery in the vex was almost dead. The light was very dim with the gain turned way up.

Fishing my favorite small lake close to home, I caught 4 Walleyes with one keeper and lost 4 more at the hole. 2 of those were keeper size. Not real huge, but were over 15". All the fish were caught jigging with one flag on the tip ups. Fish took out about 20 feet of line on the tip up then dropped it. All the walleyes were caught on jigging raps and minnow heads. i tried spoons and waxxies, but a jigging rap and a minnow head was the only thing that worked. Of interest is that I dd not catch any perch. Ice is about 12"thick yet with about 6" of snow on top. The mobility is excellent. I'll be out again tommorow. Same lake, different spot.`

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good mobility.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	12486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tasty.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	12487  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.