It was 1964 late July on Grand Portage (Tank) lake. The early morning fog was thick and the wind was non-existent. We fished the south shore from Turtle creek to the large submerged rock at the narrow part of the main body. I was using a yellow globe with silver spots, my dad was using a yellow bucktail, and Al Gilbertson was casting a black Suick. From 6:30 a.m. till 6:45 a.m. we landed 3 Muskies ........ two for dad, one for Al and of course none for me. Those were the days prior to the catch and release
mindset we have today. I'll never forget that morning, we were in seventh heaven !!! ............ We were without electronics, or fancy Japanese outboards. Our little 7 1/2 hp. Evinrude and a pack of pall-mall cigarettes were the luxuries that morning !!! ........ I think we even entered my dad's fish (38") in the weekly contest at the Mercer hardware store. The store had a big chest freezer out front with every body's prize fish on display. Back then 31" and over were legal............ I'm telling ya, those were the days !!!!! ..........Larry