We had a fun morning yesterday. Joe and Lane were out with me and at the second spot we had a big fish come up and chase our sucker around by the boat. I thought it was about a 48 incher. After a minute or so the fish shot out from under the boat and nailed the sucker just under the surface. Joe set hard and the front of the rig broke free but one of the trebles stuck in the sucker and we lost the fish. After rigging a new sucker on one of the new clip-n-go rigs(which by the way is the coolest rig I've ever seen) we dropped the sucker back down and kept casting. A couple minutes later right behind the sucker there were a bunch of big bunches of air coming up so we knew the fish was back. We sat there for about en minutes and watched the fish chase the sucker around until it finally grabbed it again. This time Joe put the boots to it on the hookset several times and we got the fish. It was a big fat 49 3/4 inch fish. It had a 23 inch girth. I'll make sure to get some pictures up quickly. At the next spot I had about a four foot fish follow in a Suick slowly. That one was definitely not aggressive. A little further down we had a fifty inch or bigger fish going nuts on our sucker. The muskie was rubbing on the sucker and pushing it around. The best was when the sucker took off and was swimming on the surface away from the boat and the muskie had it's tail out of the water going after it. That would have been cool to get on film. It lasted about ten minutes before we got a little too close to weeds and I started the trolling motor and scared the fish off. Then a few minutes later an old beat up 45 incher grabbed the sucker and Lane about ripped himself into the lake on the hookset. Not too shabby to get two nice fish in an hour and see two other really nice ones. We went in for lunch right after that and never saw another fish all afternoon. We had some good visuals to carry us through the afternoon though. There's just something about watching fifty inch fish chase suckers around for what seems like forever that gets your heart pounding.

As aside note, the new sucker rigs we are using are so smart and effective that I cannot believe I have been wasting my time with rubberband rigs for so long. It's called the "Clip and Go" rig. Fuzzy Shumway makes them and without going into great detail they are so simple to rig that I actually don't dred the cold weather coming in October and freezing my hands off rigging the stupid suckers. All the stores in Hayward have them so far but I'm sure they will be in more stores soon. Not sure if there is a website or picture anywhere. Maybe I can get some pictures today.

Good luck,