This past week was warm often over 80 degrees and humid with rain every couple days... a bit warmer and a lot wetter then our usual. Kakagi (Crow) Lake is mostly in the mid 70's which makes it very nice for swimming and water play.

The wild Blueberries are still plentiful on the islands and main land. A group of three picked nearly 5 gallons worth in a couple hours! Expecting the blueberries will get tougher to find within a few weeks.

The lake levels are high on both Kakagi and Lake of the Woods. We are advising guests -- NO WAKE IN THE BAY -- this is a good policy for everyone regardless of the lake level or where you are on the water, because the operator of the boat is responsible for any damages caused by the wake of their boat.

In general this week was a decent bite... everyone struggled at times and most everyone found their way into a good bite and some good fish.

Lake Trout were popular with groups often catching 2-5 in a couple hours of fishing. No huge fish this week, but a few in the 8-10 pound range. Jigging has been working well, but some serious trolling groups have just arrived and starting off slowly... but that will change :-) Several groups new to fishing Lake Trout on Kakagi are now successful and enjoying Lake Trout fishing... put simply.. our methods work for catching Lake Trout during our entire Lake Trout season. Some groups take to Lake Trout fishing more quickly then others and sometimes it is a tougher bite... but those tough bites will be followed by a good bite.

Walleye action on Lake of the Woods seemed to be great for some and tough days for others. A group of 4 caught 100 walleyes in one day and 150 the next day.... others fishing the same days reported in with very few walleyes. Best Walleye for week included a 7.5 pound and a 9 pound Walleye from Lake of the Woods.

Northern Pike action included 38" from Lake of the Woods and enough action on smaller fish to keep it entertaining.

Bass fishing included a few 2-3 pound Bass from Kakagi, South Narrows and Lake of the Woods.

No one after Muskies this past week.... if I find the right weather conditions in the coming weeks, I might spend a couple hours seeing what I can find.

For an odd fish this week.... I managed to catch my first ever Lawyer - Eel Pout - Burbot - Ling (you can call them whatever you want). They are not quite as ugly as I expected... but I still don't know if I can bring myself to trying to eat one.

We will have plenty of cabins available starting this weekend and beyond, plenty of options for a late summer trip to enjoy some of the warm weather and good fishing! We have been one of the busiest resorts in the area the past few months and it's ok if we have a slower period.

Regards,