Since the post The most annoying thing about fishing is when.....
was fun to read how about this.

What stupid things have you or I guess your boat partner done that have cost you a fish you were fighting.

We once were trolling 4 rods. One rod had Power Pro and the other Suffix I think on each side which was nice if they got tangled since the lines were differnet. Anyway, hook up with a small fish and the lines were tangled into each other from the other lure fouling up on weeds and tracking over. Actually the "other" rod was the first to pull the clicker so I ended up at the wrong rod to begin with. Long story short, I had just changed some lures around and the lure I saw the fish have in it's mouth I had forgot I had just moved it's location. I wanted to get the fish in quick so I decided to just cut the line and we'd sort out the mess later on the other pole. I cut the line I thought was the other rod except I had just moved that lure location to the other pole. Basically I just cut the line the fish was on and lost the fish and my favorite lure that caught me alot of fish including my biggest muskie ever.
I couldn't believe it!!!