According to the January 22 2010 issue of the Wisconsin Outdoor News, A proposed rule change is to be the subject of a public opinion poll at the April 12 sportsmans spring hearings that will be held statewide. It will ask if the bass size limits should be removed to increase the harvest of Bass. The daily bag will remain, and the season will still be delayed. These rules will be for both largemouth and smallmouth.
The proposal also includes Walleye changes of an 18 inch minimum size limit with a bag limit of three. The idea is to limit the harvest of Walleye. These proposed changes are for 20 lakes in 7 northwest Wisconsin counties. Included is the Chippewa Flowage.

My first reaction to this proposal has me wondering why the DNR refuses to differentiat between Large, and Small mouth Bass. They are different fish. My other reaction is to an 18" size limit for Walleyes. I'm not totally against such an idea, but I have to wonder if another regulation wouldn't be more beneficial. Such as some type of a slot limit. The 18" size limit will encourage the harvest of the larger Walleyes.

What is your opinion? Share them with us. The Chippewa Flowage concerns us all. I'll be keeping an eye on this story, and if any one else hears more about this, please share the info.

Walleyemaxx(Tom)