Well, after all the rigging and testing , I finally made it out today wishing I'd been out last week seeing all the shacks out there. Was gonna stick to my game plan and fish slallow , but that changed when I saw tracks everywhere and was feeling pretty safe. Took off from the yellow gates and went 1.74 miles east and a little south and found what I was looking for. Kinda surprised there was only 3.5 to 5 inches after hearing all these reports of 6-8 inches.Good thing my wheeler didn't go through, My wife woulda been P.O'd at you guys. Guess my ruler isn't as big as some. Chris the BSG sold me two suckers from hell. Steped on one, cut off their tails , hooked them deep and they still kept trippin the flags making me think I was in the holy land. At 3:00 pm I started marking fish and it continued pretty steady until it shut off completely at 5:00 . Both keepers caught on firetigers with tipped stingers.
Even managed a twofer, two 13 inchers on one lure. Never did get anything on the tip-ups. Caught lots and lots of Dinks and 2 decent keepers.
Beautiful day on the bay-No wind , sunny, and I didn't have to swim.
Slammer!!!!!!!!