I’d first like to say, ‘awesome job on the forum to moderator, Steve, and all those that have posted’. It is very active with a litany of information. I’ve fished NW Ontario, Vermillion Bay area for 20 years now since I was a pretty young. Damn how the years fly. Like many, I’ve moved from multi-species fishing to just muskie fishing. My question is concerning bait size compared to other lakes in angling for Muskie. I fished Canyon Lake back when Johnny Bratland had his camp (RIP Johnny,) Corner Lake, Long Legged, and predominately the Indian Chain. Fishing time has been consistent with the end of August. I’ll be up in mid-August this year. We downsized many times and used Super Spooks, 7’’ Jakes….etc….instead of Jackpots and 9’’ and 11’’ Jakes. This downsizing provided more muskies in the boat without reducing the average size catch.

I’ll be on Eagle Lake for the first time ever in 10 days. Needless to say I’m stoked. Many guides in the area have told me to go larger with bait presentation on this lake. Why is that? Also, I’ve have had mixed results with suspended glide baits like ‘Magic Maker’…..many lookers but few takers….what is your opinion on these lures for Eagle. Finally, with the cooler water temps have you noticed fish suspended more? The last few years we predominately cast deep divers and trolled them as they fish were down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’ve got three newbies to NW Ontario and I’d love to see them meet with success and their first muskie.

Once again, great job with the forum and to all those that have posted.

Steve S.