On 6/26/09 I returned from a weeklong fishing trip on Eagle Lake with 3 friends. We easily caught our limit of pike and walleye and caught a number of large pike in the 30-41" range. We only caught 3 muskies the largest of which was 41". The majority of these fish were caught casting in water less than 6' deep near reeds and our best fishing came when there was other vegetation between us and the reeds. Some members of the group were very disappointed with the low number of musky catches and the fact that we didn't even see very many muskies or have very many follows. We were on Eagle Lake last year at exactly the same time of year and we saw a lot more muskies, had a lot more follows and boated 7 muskies the largest of which were 48" and 50-1/2". So, some in the group think that next year we should go later in the year, say around mid-late July, in order to increase the number of musky contacts and catches. My fear is that if we do go later in the year we may see and catch more muskies but at the expense of not catching as many large pike and walleye. Those in my group will not jig or troll for fish. By that time of year I believe that the pike and walley will have moved to deeper water and established their summer patterns and we won't have as good a chance of catching them by casting the rock and weed edges in bays. So, if we go later and concentrate on musky and are not successful for whatever reason, we will have sacraficed our chances of catching large pike and walleye too. What are your thoughts on this matter?