www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chalk One Up For The Girls

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Chalk One Up For The Girls

Went to alum today to tune some lures for opening day on St. Clair. After 2 hours my wife "Drenda" asked me to teach her how to cast with a bait caster. So we pulled into a cove so we could get off the boat because i did not want her to hook something on the boat or ME. After about 5 casts she was mad because she was dragging bottom and bringing in leaves. I said to reel alot faster and try to cast further. Grumbeling something that i cannot post she threw again and i started walking away. Then she yelled again. I turned around to see the water exploding. I about crapped my pants and ran back to her. I had to run a ways to the boat to get the net. I fell flat on my face because my feet were tangled in my own line that i dropped. All the time she is yelling at me. I finally got back and netted her fish. It was 31 inches. We got pictures and it swam away strong. I do not think she knows how lucky she was. I am still proud of her. We left after eating lunch but got nothing else trolling. It left me wondering. But a good day overall.
    Last edited by Mark Steinert; 05-17-2009 at 08:39 PM.