Lets say your going out for the day fishing on the tff. Most people have stated including myself that they only have a limited time to fish be it 2 or 3 days. So, you want to make the most of the time you have. So for grin and giggles lets use baraboo lake as our example. Considering the fact there should be 4 to 8 adult walleyes per acre at a minimum length of 15" and one should be caught every 4.5 hours. I'm not sure how many acres baraboo is so will just say 20. That means there are between 80 and 160 walleyes at least 15". So if you fish 8 hours you should catch 2 fish, but will say you catch 3 to give you a limit. Now here's the fun part. I gaurantee you caught at least 25 - 30 northern during that time and probably at least 10 smallies, so what does this tell us.... I'll tell you! What fish spawn later. Walleye do. Which fish is more aggressive. Not the walleye. So you could say that maybe all the walleye fry are being eaten before then can grow large enough by not 1 but 4 fish (northern, smallies, musky, walleye). And lets not forget the harvest from spearing, thus not effecting the fry but effecting the amount of catched fish becausing they were speared. The depletion of the walleye population was inevitable. But the path we are on will deminish our current status. Only 11% of all walleyes are 18" or bigger. The average size has gone done over the past 20 years. We have a catch and release for musky and smallmouth because they are considered trophy calliber fish, and have size limits. We cannot be nieve to think that the population can't become so depleted like leach lake or some other lake where you wont be able to fish for walleye's in the future.