www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fish Bowl 2009

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fish Bowl 2009

Since the winternet is here for a several more weeks, I thought it might be cool to strengthen our minds by quizzing each other in fish biology, spawning habits, fish identification, optimal temps for various species, world and state records, and most anything dealing with freshwater fish.

I have not had the time (even though I have been at home for the past 2 days with sick kids) to establish any sort of ground rules for this competition. With the ease of just "googling" the answer and replying within a few short minutes and spoiling the fun, let's see if we can just do a cyberspace handshake agreeing to the following rules:

1) Wait for several replies to the question before the owner announces the right answer.

2) The right to challenge an answer will be allowed because there might be more than one right answer for the question, based on many sources of right/wrong information. Arguments can be heard by our tribunal to determine the winner.

3) Googling for a question to add to the competition is fine but googling to find the answer of someone else's question will result in a phone call to the "Fish Gods" reporting this unacceptable behavior.

4) There can be several questions going on at the same time within the thread that may not be officially completed so let's number our questions and answers so there is as little confusion as possible with the responses.

5) I am guessing that these questions might get very difficult and there may not be a correct answer given. Since I do not know the IQ's of everyone on here and vice versa, we will deal with that potential problem as we go along.

****Feel free to add any rules/recommendations as you see fit.****
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I will start off with question number #1 of FISH BOWL 2009:

What is the main difference between pike eggs and musky eggs?
    Last edited by Red Childress; 02-04-2009 at 12:32 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com