I'll be at the Milwaukee show in the Spanky Bait booth. Be sure to stop by and chat. I always like seeing my old friends from previous seasons so be sure to stop. There will be a drawing at the end of the show for a pack of Spanky Bait lures and a Mille Lacs Guide trip with your's truly. Be sure say hello, throw your name in the drawing, and check out the lures.

There will be a new lure ready in time for the Milwaukee show. Spanky Baits is coming out with a new spinnerbait that is truly unique. It's call the 8-ball (I think). It features a magnum willow blade that is unlike any other spinnerbait out there. I got some prototypes at the end of October and really, really liked it. The thing has a thump to it that's different from any spinnerbait I've used. On Mille Lacs or any other pressured water it'll be nice to throw something they haven't seen yet. I didn't run the thing as much as I should have because I got them at he time of year when we're running a lot of Pounders and other magnum plastics, but I used it enough to know it'll work plenty well. Just like the Fireballs, the construction is super tough. The wire is really heavy and it has big, heavy-duty Siwash hooks. The blade is primo and it's attached by a quality ball-bearing swivel, not a crappy barrel or crane swivel. I don't know what colors he'll have and I don't think it's been added to the website either. Stop by at the Milwaukee and Blaine and check it out.