Dear Chad/Musky Hunters

Beginning of this month I was fishing for muskies from the shoreline in my waders (you guys might think this is crazy fishing for muskys from shore wais deep but when you don’t have a boat doesn’t mean you need to give up fishing) on a sunny Saturday... the fishing was slow and I decided to change spots when I spotted something small and very familiar in the shallow water.

When I looked closely I noticed that there was a small musky in the water, I carefully reached for my camera and snapped some pictures, and couldn’t believe my eyes, a small musky about 4-6 inches in length. From what I know that the Kinkaid stockings are from 12 to 14 inches long so I knew that this musky was not stocked by the department of natural resources. As soon as I made a step towards the fish it got scared and disappeared.

in 2007 on a camping trip me and a friend of mine wanted to go for catfish at night and needed some bait, so we casted a net for shad and caught a 4" musky along with dozens of shad, but back then I did not take any pictures and had no prove to show anyone....

What do you think of this Chad? Could this been on successful hatch out of millions of eggs? On one guiding trip with you last year you told me that the fish is spawning but that there are no hatchlings due to the environment on Lake Kinkaid.