www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thoughts on trolling

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Thoughts on trolling

I am really slow at work and uncle Frank won't run hot water down to the dock to slow down ice up, so here are a few thoughts for what is worth and would like some opinions. We caught 19 fish trolling outside rod got 12 fish the inside rod got 7 and the rod straight back got 2. Last year the rod off back got 9 inside got 10 and outside 8, I think this year it was more because of the type of baits then the rod position to an extent. Brian has the rod off back and did not have any squirrley tail baits and caught 2 fish, well Carol & I used the squirrelys and boated 10 out of 19 on that type of bait. Also we lost only 3 fish on the squirrleys and 8 fish on DDD, here are some photo's of the baits we used. I think it is the way you troll (follow breaks,go out to the end of the point not cut it off and the bait type you use) that makes someone good at trolling. I think it is harder to catch fish trolling then it is casting (cast weed bed catch fish ) I just think there is a lot more to trolling then people give credit for. I hope I get busy at work so I can stop thinking about fishing, lets hear some impute.

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09506.1.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	3212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09508.1.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	3213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09501.1.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	3214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09504.1.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	3215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09512.1.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	3216