www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 5-21-11

Default 5-21-11

Left out of gladstone and fished the south end of center in the morning.
    Jig and minnow was the ticket before the sun poped up. 31 incher 18,22,23 and the rest shorts..Trolled harnesses east then north and just stayed on the edge of structure headding back south. Found a nice pod of keepers and just kept trolling through them.
    Took home 3 man limit by 10am.Orange/yellow spinners on worm harnesses,tiger,purple,wounder bread were the working ones...Thunder stick in purple were taking some 20in pike. Marked the pod just 300 yards from the south tip of center on a small hump in the middle of nowere.went from 30 to 18fow and maybe 30yds round.Going back when the coffee brrews.

Thanks for the report and the good info. Sounds like you guys had fun. Always more fun catching them jigging than trolling, especially so with a fish over 30 inches!
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Funny thing today..was out in the same spot..Fish were still there. We started banging them jigging and not using the net but hand landing them not to draw any attention to us..These guys shoot right up to us, acting like they were fishing there the whole time. At one time i could put my hand in there minnow bucket in there boat.There guys put there boat over the fish were we were casting and spooked the whole school..So i talked to them a little and they read a post on this sight that a BOAT was catching fish in this area...I said WOW what a guy to give up his spot on the internet and they said they know about this spot for years and fish it all the time. It was like we were tresspassing.. What ever i said..That what happends what u tell the world what going on in the bay...The jigs of choice was a northland blue/orange gumball was the ticket...So we left to go to a nother spot on the east side of the bay..We eneded up 1 short for our limit.

Back to work but will be out during the week..Stay tuned for more of a report.
    Hate to post picks its like bragging.

STANTON

Well...I guess it does take all different kinds of folks to make the world go around.

I've purposely avoided the upper bay so far because of the heavy traffic up there. Just can't get into the idea of crowding in on a spot--or having someone play boat tag with me.

Thanks for your updates.

Stanton, you must post pictures now so the schmucks can see you outfished them even after they fudged up your fishing The bay and even anywhere you can launch a boat and fish you seem to find those jerks. Often times they raise jerkoff kids too, so the cycle continues.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Quote Originally Posted by DooFighter View Post
    Stanton, you must post pictures now so the schmucks can see you outfished them even after they fudged up your fishing The bay and even anywhere you can launch a boat and fish you seem to find those jerks. Often times they raise jerkoff kids too, so the cycle continues.
    Kids will do as the adults do. The other day I was fishing off the Esky River mouth with my 8-year-old son. We saw a boat a couple hundred yards away pull in a fish. My son was excited: "Oh, let's go over there!!!"

Used it as a teachable moment about boating and fishing etiquette.