www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Phillips Chain

Default Phillips Chain

Has anyone had any luck around long lake? Im going there next weekend, and would love to hear about the hotspots on the chain! Its just going to be me and the boat, and if anyone would like to join me, it would be great. Im up for walleye, muskies, northern, bass, and panfish. Whatever bites i guess, and im set up to catch em all. Anyways, gonna have a cabin on the end of Long, boat comes with it, so im ready!! Lemme know!!!

anyone? Im guessin not too many people venture on to this site.....Itd be damn great if they did though, could share a lot of good and helpful information!

Default Phillips Chain

Both ends of the phillips Chain have some good muskie action. Wilson lake muskies feed on suicks, topwater and bucktails. Stay with bright color blades and baits. muskie relate to shallow water in the weeds and stumps. The island and associated bar also produce quality fish. Duroy in downtown phillips also provides good action from the bridge down to the bay by the river inlet. the south end of duroy also has stumps and weeds and also produces good fish. top water action should begin to heat up as the water temps reach the high 60s. Long lake is a deeper lake with few weed beds but has rock/gravel bars which hold walleyes and occasionally some muskies. Some of the bars are marked with bouys. You can get a lake map at the area bait shops which should help you out. Check ross's bait shop and talk to John about fishing conditions.
    Good luck
    Joe
    Northland Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    Joe Brezinski - Professional Fishing Guide

Web Site: http://www.northlandguideservice.net/