www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Tamerak

Default Lake Tamerak

I am thinking about making the trip to Meadville this week. Has anyone fished or heard of anyone fishing Lake Tamerak lately? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Brian

It gets pounded HARD and (from what I hear) has been tough lately.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Brian,

I have not seen too many boats out on tamerack as of late, I have not been fishing it so I don't have any first hand knowledge but I have heard that there have been a few caught not loads but a few. If you do head up this way and want some company look me up! I need to start figuring out that lake!

Good luck,

Jacob

Default same here

fished tamarack 20 hours last week with slow results. seen 3 fish all smallish and caught 1 also smallish............lotsa boats and all fishing for muskies.....same results for them also............
    had 2 boats that live up there say that our great fish comm. transfered over 60 muskie from tamarack to pymatuming this spring.......fish comm said there is wayyyyyyyyy to many skis in tamarack..........kinda sounds like the...WAY TO MANY DEER IN PA our game comm preaches.......
    i just cant understand why they would put 1 more muskie in pymatuming???????????????????? o well....
    o in the last 2 years we have seen 7 dead muskie in tamarack and heard of others........
    add tamarack to the list of once WAS a great ski lake.....perhaps things will get better...lets hope.

skidoo...

20 hours on the water with 3 follows and one fish in the boat sounds like muskie fishing to me.

I fished Tamerack july 4 weekend sat and sunday.The results were good not but 4 boats sat. nothing catght in morning .went to get food came back when the sun went down or setting and caught 4 in a hour and hALF ,HOOKED 2 MORE AND IT WAS DARK .MY GIRL HOOKED a 40 to 42 and lost it at boat side,she also had 2 other fish follow .3 of the four fish were hooked within 2 feet from the boat. sunday morning I caught one fish and it was on top water.the fish were all small 3 38s 36 34. that lake there is nothing safe under that water.I do well there but this year is slow ... ? catch rate is down.

I think taking a few out of the Lake is exactly what is needed to keep it a quality fishery!

Brian

I have seen dead muskies up there .I think it was bad practice but have seen 2 this year. I do not want to get techno but I think that its fine up there the food base is good and I have caught 8 pound large mouth there ,so its seems to be supporting within . I have not seen any indication of beeing something wrong with them . I wish there were more there like trout season you know? I like it there and one day it will be one of the hottest places to go for people out of town ,you know what I mean . There can be only one ...........you know were that is for me though ......... love addiction ..........it the land of the river gods........ were I can shake hands with all my friends that lurk bellow the sometimes strong currents. hope to talk to you soon Brain ......HB P.s last year in the month of june fish commision officers that patrol that had on record if I can recall 67 or 77 caught released I am not sure any more but the numbers were up there 3fish hitting 48 1 49 and 1 hitting 50 the guy could of been lying to me but who knows . I will probly get chopped up for quoting that but I sure it was something like that because I remmber thinking man .......... later