www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Steamboat Bay Area

Default Steamboat Bay Area

One week untill I get up north, I can't wait!!!!! Sounds like fishing is pretty decent all over the lake with all species being accounted for. I'm stuck using a resort boat which limits my travel. I stay way up in Steamboat Bay. Anybody catching walleye up there? If not would anybody like to share any close locations or presentations that are working in the area. Thanks all help would be greatly appreciated , my son is 6 and has turned the corner now. He's all in for fishing, no more gameboy on the boat. So i better be able to keep him from getting bored.. Thanks a bunch Murph this website is a great help to anglers.

Default Steamboat

There is a good population of walleyes that remain in Steamboat all season. The fish are shallow in the cabbage weed beds. The best presentation is to toss jig tipped with minnows, leeches, or crawlers into the weeds and retrieve slowly back to the boat. You can also use slip bobbers and allow the live bait to sit in the weeds.

In the evening there is a good bite on Sand Point in northern Walker Bay. You will see several boats there at dusk.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com