www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Happy Father's Day

Smile Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there.
    I was out on "The Rock" on Saturday. Jig bite was a little slow but did manage some short walleyes and white bass, trolling was fast action. Lot of short walleye and a bunch of white bass.
    On Friday we were out on "Pete" and had a great four hours. 14 Crappie, 2 legal walleye, 6 in the slot, 22 white bass, 18 catfish all trolling shad Raps. I will be out on "Pete" again on Monday & Tuesday, will post results later.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

Thumbs up

Hey, thanks Jerry! Happy Father's Day from me to all of you too!

Marie and I were up at the lake all week. We got fishing in pretty much every day except yesterday. I have to say that since fishing the Rock every year since 1992, I'm beginning to lose my touch. We get out most weekends and we used to do pretty good, getting our walleye limits quite often. Last week, we ended up with 8 keeper white bass and 2 shorties. We tried trolling (engine and electric) shallow and deep, shad raps and spinner rigs, jigs and worms and gulps. Not too good for all the methods we tried. We tried the trestle and down from there to Splash. The rest of the time my wife wanted to be on our side of the lake--Buckhorn Bay. The best we did was between Well's and Shipwreck. The two shorties were caught on shallow running shad raps in 11-14 feet of water.

Otherwise, it was a GREAT week. Not a lot of sun or wind. It was really calm most of the time.

We'll try again in two weeks.

Luke
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.