www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Outstanding week of Walleye Fishing 6/21/2009

Default Outstanding week of Walleye Fishing 6/21/2009

Fishing has still been excellent. The guides are catching 60 - 100 plus fish per day. We are still catching fish from Lower Brule to the West bend area, and also from White River to Elm Creek. The fish on Lake Sharpe seem to be back to normal with us catching fish from 10 - 20 feet of water. On Lake Francis Case the bite has also been from 10 - 20 feet of water.

Yesterday(Sat) the guides at the Hillside all had their limits by 10:00 a.m. It does not get any better than that. The good thing is we are not always fishing together. We had 5 boats out on Sat and caught our limits in 4 different spots.

Here is my weekend trip. I had 2 guys out from Buffalo and on Fri and Sat. On Friday we fished in the West Bend to Iron Nation area. We caught 80 walleyes and had our limit by noon. Then we went smallmouth fishing and caught 40 in a little over 2 hours. We also caught 3 crappies. What a Day!! On Sat the keepers were hitting in the morning. We fished the West Bend area and had our limit at 9:15 a.m. Then we loaded the boat and went to Good Soldier Boat Ramp and went smallmouth fishing. We caught 40 smallies in a little over 2 hours. Another outstanding fishing trip!!

On Sunday, I had a group out from Oakland and Council Bluffs, IA. We boated 140 fish (both walleyes and smallmouth). We fished in the West bend area, and around Good Soldier Creek. We brought in our limt of walleyes by 10:00 a.m. and also caught our limit of smallmouth. The best fishing trip this group has ever been on.

If you have kids or a wife and want to bring them out for some hot action, now is the time to do it. The action is fantastic. They will have a trip to remember.

Look forward to seeing you
    Mike Allen
    Last edited by Mike Allen; 06-23-2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com