Was out with the Abernathy family in the morning for a little rod bending. Grandpa Paul, David, and young Hatton had a good time as we squeezed a few hours in between the rain showers. Crappie were reasonably cooperative on Pickerel Lake in the morning along with one dandy bass for David. Crappie Minnows were the best bait. Also had some pretty good action using a tiny Frizzy spoon below a slip bobber. Crappie were scattered but mostly located in cabbage weeds in about 5 feet of water. Even with the live minnows the crappie want to see some movement. If you stay camped out on a spot you will probably have disapointing results.

After I left the Abernathy's I went out to do a little scouting. Again found crappies to be the most cooperative on another lake but a few decent perch thrown into the mix. Since I just can't stand to leave the musky rig at home I wrapped up my day throwing for ski's. I managed to get a follow from one pretty nice fish and then caught a small musky and had three more follows from fish that spooked at the boatside. Two of the muskies followed bucktails and the caught fish and other follows were all on the 6" Sandcat jerkbait worked quickly. Fish were located in weeds with most coming from the deeper weeds and two off the shallow (5 foot) stuff.
All in all not a bad day on the water.