www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 6/19/09

Default Fishing Report 6/19/09

Well I think summer has finally hit. We saw water temps jump up into the upper 60's this week. With the warm up the muskies have been much more willing to bite. In the 4 trips out this week we had hookup every time out. I had a client loose a beuty on Sunday, the fish was in the upper 40 inch class. She hit a bucktail and came to the surface head shaking and just came un buttoned. The next day we boated a 40" er on a bucktail. Tuesday we had action with a smaller fish and had a low 40" er just miss a bait. Wednesday I boated a solid 42 1/2" on a topraider, and Today we saw some fish and had a 38-40 hit on figure 8 and somehoe came off. I am seeing tails to be the most productive right now with topwater holding a close second. The fish on the lakes I am fishing are holding in the weeds in 4-8 feet of water. I look for the action to continue and only get better.
    Smallies are for the most part done spawning and are going stron on topwater. Chug bug style baits are working very well. Early last week we found them shallow, I mean they were in a foot of water tight to shore. I expect them to move closer to the breaks as the water continues to warm.

The bass catch and keep season begins tomorrow, 6/20. Please remember to release the smallies as they are a fragile fish and there numbers can be damaged. They are an awsome fish and with good catch and release we can continue to have a great fishery for years to come. If you want to get one mounted concider a replica. I just got my replica back of my 51 1/2" musky I caught last year. it was done by Joe Fittante in Antigo. He does a clompletly awsome job. he is a true artist and perfectionist at his craft. Give him a call at 800-261-2327 and he will be happy to help you out.

Good Fishing,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ab smallie.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	5417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cary 21 smallie.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	5418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scott 21 smallie.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	5419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Judy 18 smallie.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	5420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42 release.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	5421  

Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com