www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Nokomis

Default Lake Nokomis

Will be there monday through thursday. Curious if anybodys catching walleyes or smallies? Already heard about the massive bullhead population. Got my fill of those last year. Will post a report when I return home. Thanks in advance,Jeff

We had decent results on walleyes and smallies early in the season on rocks with crankbaits. I doubt that will work now, they are probably deeper. I am going to try Nokomis for muskies today. If I do any good, I will let you know.

Smile

It was so hot, I decided not to go to Nokomis, fearing too many jet skis, etc. I fished the WI river instead and we got 2 keeper eyes and some small smallies.

For Smallies try the Tomahawk River arm, use Senko's wacky style or Chomper Spider Craws in a pumpkin seed or marmalade color. Ken Mack reported nice fish using Rapala X-Raps. Heard good reports on Walleye's in the deep weeds using slip bobbers and leeches.

Good Luck
    Dave
    Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
    www.fishtomahawk.com

Default Fishing 6/22-6/24

Hot Hot Hot and I don't mean the fishing! Unfortunately the weather didn't help fishing when we were there. Managed some nice smallies from 19" to 22" and a few keeper eyes(one over 22")Panfish of any size were tough. Smallies were off rock points with white/yellow roadrunners tipped with leaches. Had no luck on pike of any size,hooked a really nice muskie on bridge lake but didn't have a leader and 6#line was no match. Hit at the boat while panfishing so I got a good look at him. Best guess on size would be mid 40 incher. Couldn't back the drag off fast enough! At or near record highs every day with little wind to drift. Tough conditions but a good trip overall. Also can't believe how clear the water is this year. Been going to tomahawk for over 30 years and never seen it this clear.

I also noticed the clarity of the Nokomis water this year. You can easily see 5-10 feet in some spots. That is really interesting.

Default Water Clarity

Almost scary when you see boulders and trees that you've been going over for years and never noticed till now. I try and pay pretty close attention when I'm fishing the shallow bays with a good set of polarized sunglasses but I saw things this year I've never seen before. Maybe cause the cold held on so long the weeds are late? Not really sure. Hoping to return in september if the water level is ok. Last few years it's been really low and didn't make the 6 hour drive for the second trip.