www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: NO idea what to do next.

Default NO idea what to do next.

I live on upper gresham lake in Boulder Junction.To say the muskies have been slow is an understatement. Been fishing since opening day couple hours a day and have caught zero. Local guides say no blade action only twitch or side to side gliders. Tried that forever got sick of it and started throwing buctails again because the water raised 10degrees to 73 F in the last week . Been seeing fish have had like 10 follows and 1 nipper @ boatside on a deep extended figure 8 . Need advise what to do .I have tried going to small bucktails spinner bait style slow jerkbaits mostly jerking a rapala super shad no bites ! Anyway wanted to vent and my family is sick of hearing it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated TY Musky Malingerer

A friend of mine has had decent action on Mantas. Caught a 40 and a 36 with it, also had a couple of others on. Only a 29 so far on anything with a blade. Maybe give a Manta a try (bumble bee color in stained water).

Thanx for the input i checked out the mantas and loved the video @ http://video.google.com/videosearch?...l=en&emb=0&aq= looks like a great lure. Went to rollie and helens and they dont stock them so im on the hunt , i also bought a couple dunwright lifelike perch and they look cool Gonna try em tomarow adios
    Musky malingerer

musky:

They stock mantas at Kurt's Island Bait downtown...

Mark

TYvm mark went to kurts today and bought one in the lac seul perch color; only place in town that has em! Northern Highland Sports in BOulder Junction is going to see about getting them too. Heard lots of people who thought river run tackle wasnt in buiseness anymore and wasnt making mantas . Is this true? I just got one but i really like it threw it 20 times today before i picked up my wife from work lol .

My understanding of the situation is that they were out of business for a while, but the brand was purchased by someone from Gander Mountain and they are starting production back again. I could be wrong, as I heard this second hand. Has anybody else heard anything?

Weston, WI weekdays; St. Germain weekends!

Default River Run

Their website seems to be going strong
    http://www.riverruntackle.com

Original Mantas:
    http://www.riverruntackle.com/index.php?categoryID=2

Yeah I saw it on river run tackle but i didnt know if it was an old web page and didnt want to loose my $$ so i went to Kurt's Island sports they had every style and color Git the lac seul perch might get a brighter one next time to aid my learning to use it lol. Advantage day glo paint ! anywau love the action threw it for an hour at dawn this morning no fish but i saw a bear that was pretty cool lots of eagles herons and a deer then an awesome fog rolled in beautiful sunrises around here best part of the day.