www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walleye Update 6-11-09

Default Walleye Update 6-11-09

Despite the cold fronts coming through northern Wisconsin on almost an every other day occurrence walleye fishing has remained very good. The fish are relating to weed growth of cabbage, elodea, and sandgrass in deeper lakes. With water temps remaining on the cool side minnows still have been the number one choice on bait, leeches have produced a few fish but not like minnow. I am still using 1/16oz jigs worked through the weeds in a typical pop and drop fashion. These fish have been aggressive and you know when they are hungry. Fish on the chain have been very nice size this year with numerous fish in the slot and over the slot being caught. Off the chain nice catches of fish have come from the Rainbow Flowage, North Twin, Kentuck, and Big and Little Arbo Vita just to name a few. I would expect this action to continue for the next few weeks as the water temps are just not warm enough to be pushing out the dreaded mayfly hatch, I have seen a few but not many. Good fishing to all.

Jason
    Jason Pertile Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.pertileguideservice.com

I'd like to fish Whitefish Lake on the chain..can you give me a little poop on the lake? it's not that bad of a ride & the lake looks intresting on the map I have. Thanks Jason..

Default Whitefish Lake

This can be a great off the beaten path for a great mix bag of walleyes, crappies and muskies. It offers great weed structure and some rock and hard bottom areas that hold fish. If you are coming in the next few weeks look out for the mayfly hatch. Use small jigs and leeches or minnow to catch fish out of the weeds you should do fine.
    Jason Pertile Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.pertileguideservice.com