www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Cisco Chain

Default Cisco Chain

It has been almost 30 years since I fished the Cisco Chain of Lakes with my father and uncle. The memories that I have of those days stick in my head, enough that I want to head out for a summer trip. I live in San Diego now, and I am planning such a trip so this is not like an every year thing.

I never see many comments about the Cisco Chain, but this forum is extremely active for the Flowage. How would you compare the two fishing areas? Is Cisco Chain dead from a fishing perspective?

I am considering either Northern Wisconsin or the Ely, MN area. I am looking to have fun with my wife along who will rather drink Chardonnay and read a book, but she will come in the boat. I do not need lunkers, but just good fishing in the July summer. Any comments??

What species do you plan on fishing for??

Default Species

Walleye, perch, and northern pike

I haven't heard much from the Cisco Chain. I don't know anyone that fishes it regularly. Wish I could help. Maybe call one of the local bait shops over there.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Cisco Chain

I fished the Cisco Chain for over 20 years. If you're looking for walleye, northerns and perch, it's still a great place to go. There's quite a bit more development since you've been on it last, but the spots are still the same. I fished it a couple weeks ago and did pretty good. The smallmouth fishery is much better than it used to be due to a rusty crayfish problem that developed a number of years ago, but the fish have it under control now.

Bottom line................it is still pretty much the same as it was 30 years ago from a fishing perspective.

SoCalTom:

Not to diss anyone on this site as everyone will give you their best info. But you may find that you will get some better info from a couple of other threads on Fishinginfo.com. The St. Germain, Eagle River, Northwoods, Land O' Lakes/Cisco, Sayner/Star Lake, Boulder Junction, Presque Isle, Minocqua threads might get you info from guides/other contributors that get the opportunity to fish the Cisco Chain on occasion through the season. On another website, Lake-Link.com, you can do a search for the C. Chain and there is a fairly active thread there.

As for what I have heard living in Minocqua, the fishing has been pretty good for 'eyes and panfish. I typically don't get up there until the post turnover, unless it is for an early bout with the muskies the weekend before WI opens. You will enjoy your visit as the fishing, while challenging, once fish are found can still be good.

Mark