www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lost land and Teal Lakes

Default Lost land and Teal Lakes

Greetings all,

I will be a new visitor to your wonderful state at the end of this month. I am making the jump from fishing in Minn since boyhood to WI. I am staying on Lost land and would like to know your thoughts on the lake. I mainly fish for largemouths but I am not picky. (beats working) I would love to track down some smallies, and I am always looking gills (size not important) for my 3 year old daughter. I don't know diddly about walleyes. But I am also just testing the waters (so to speak) of musky hunting. I have landed a couple in recent years, the biggest being a 48 incher. But I am still a greenhorn, newbie, novice, or beginner. Take yer pick of those handles.
    Anyway, your thoughts, preferred lures, hot colors, key spots etc for Lost Land and Teal would be appreciated. I and my family almost always practice "catch and release" if that makes a difference.

lost land has good largemouths. the lake is like 1 giant weedbed , but with the cooler temps the smaller bays should be good. also try the channel between the 2 lakes .. gl

Staying on lost land on the 4th of july. Let us know how you did. I'm concerned with the water being so warm. I love fishing teal for musky, have been doing well on the bars there in years past. Good luck and keep me posted. Thanks, michael

Default Lost Land and Teal Lakes

Hello and thanks for deciding to come to Hayward. These two lakes are great musky lakes. They also have a good crappie and bluegill population. Walleyes can be very good also. Coming to a new lake can be a challenge but one thing I would suggest to you is to hire a local guide. I guide but do not put my name out there because I answer these posts. One mname that comes to mind is John Myhre who knows the lake very well. He is a good teacher and will find fish. his number is 715-462-3014. He lives only 6 miles from the lake. Have fun.

Hayward Lakes Jim
    Jim Onarheim
    Hayward Lakes Visitors & Conventions Bureau
    Toll Free: 1-800-724-2992
    Web Site: http://www.haywardlakes.com

Default Lost land and Teal

There are largemouth in both lakes but Lost Land has more of them and also the Teal river flowage below Teal lake is good. Lots of weeds and good Largemouth cover in both. For Smallies there are a couple good areas in Lost Land but Teal is better. Look for the rocks and Teal has more rock. Bluegills on the cribs and weeds in both lakes.
    Wisconsin Northland Outdoor Guide Service
    30 years Guiding Hayward area lakes
    715-462-9402
    John Myhre

Web Site: http://www.wiscnorthlandoutdoors.com