My PMTT partner "Q" Carlson and I just got back from fishing the Headwaters MI Spring Classic on the famed Eagle River Chain of Lakes. Cool water temps and unseasonably/unstable weather patterns made for some tough fishing. We were able to catch several fish before and during the tournament; largest was on Thursday pre-fish, a nice 34" Tiger Muskie by "Q". My largest boated was a 32" during the tournament on Saturday. I had a fish on Friday pre-fish on a deep break on a Baby DR that was in the upper 40" class. I also had a mid-40's fish on Saturday up twice during the tournament but the late afternoon storms done her in as I never raised her again or on Sunday. Here is a complete recap and congrats to all that caught legal muskies:

The 29th Anniversary Headwaters Chapter of Muskies, Inc. Spring Classic of Champions was held on June 13th and 14th. There were 108 boats entered with 216 people fishing the tournament. The headquarters for the tournament was Wild Eagle Lodge with fishing limited to the Lower Eagle River Chain.

The results of the tournament are as follows:

1st Place Team #48 4 Fish 36 1/2", 39", 39", 38"
Brad Wirt - Brokaw, WI
Kurt Hagen - Wausau, WI
$11,000

2nd Place Team # 25 - 2 Fish 38", 42"
Jared Adamovich- Eagle River, WI
Curt Priefer - Eagle River, WI
$3,000

3rd Place Team # 45 - 2 Fish 37 3/4", 39 1/2"
David Kuhn - Appleton, WI
Kevin Laux - Oshkosh, WI
$2,000

4th Place Team #11 - 2 Fish 36 1/4", 40 3/4"
Rich Wysocki - Custer, WI
Pat Wysocki - Custer, WI
$800

5th Place Team #15 - 2 Fish 34 1/2", 38 1/2"
Andy Regenfuss - Phelps, WI
Ralph Spurgeon - Phelps, WI
$550

6th Place Team #47 - 2 Fish 34 1/4", 35 1/4"
Bill Vierkandt - Phelps, WI
Todd Luedtke - Eagle River, WI
$525

7th Place Team #49 - 1 Fish 41 1/2"
Brad Jorgensen - Rhinelander, WI1 Fish 41 ½ inches
Robert Rodziczak - Rhinelander, WI
$475

8th Place Team #94 - 1 Fish 41 1/2"
John Kleczewski - Withee, WI
Marcus Malyuk - Marshfield, WI
$425

9th Place Team #105 - 1 Fish 40 3/4"
Matt Buettell - Eagle River, WI
David Coons - LaGrange, IL
$375

10th Place Team #104 - 1 Fish 40
Matt McCumber - Janesille, WI1
Scott Fillhouer - Janesville, WI
$350

Big Fish Saturday Team #49 Brad Jorgensen/Robert Rodziczak 41 1/2" $405

Big Fish Sunday Team #11 Rich & Pat Wysocki 40 3/4" $415

Winner of the Manufacturers Mini Tournament Team #49 Brad Jorgensen/Robert Rodziczak 41 1/2" $620 plus Rod and Reel

Fish Caught and Released: Saturday 21 Sunday 8 Total of 29 Muskies
Lakes fish were caught in: Yellow Birch 4, Duck 1, Otter 2, Eagle 4, Scattering Rice 4, Catfish 7, Cranberry 7

A special thank you to Sandy Jacobs, Mary Sadler, Bill Jacobs, Micki Koschnik, Scott Samuels, and Elmer Jensen for helping with the tournament. Thank you to the judges in the judge boats: Jim Chamberlin, Lloyd Fisher, Bill Hassey, Jay Hollnagel, Dave Keiffer, Joe Koschnik, Glenn Matula, Tim Muench, Dale Petersen - Chairman, Harvey Sadler, Bill Schultz, Bob Weeks, and Todd Wiese.
We want to thank Wild Eagle Lodge and their staff for allowing us to use their facilities as our tournament headquarters and for the coffee and donuts on Saturday and Sunday morning. Oneida Village provided the noon meal on Sunday which was served by the Eagle River Masonic Lodge members. A special thanks to Margie and Jerry Hollnagel, Hessenjaeger Wirehairs, LLC. for our tournament flags. Thank you to Eagle River Distributing II and Miller Brewing Co. for our tournament trophies, Wireless Advantage Alltel, Garth & Lisa Darton for providing our starting position numbers, Vilas County News-Review for tournament publicity, Paul Hansen for P.J.’s Picks, and the following sponsors for their support: Beast Teaser Tackle, Boat Sport Marina, Braywood Resort, Ducktail Lures, Eagle River Inn, Moore’s Tackle, Musky Hunter Magazine, Musky Magic Tackle, Lakewood Tackle Boxes, Rizzo Tackle, Shimano, Smitty Baits, Suick Lures Manufacturing, Trophy Technologies, and St. Croix.
Thank you to each and everyone of you for helping us make our tournament a success. Next year is the 30th Anniversary of the Spring Classic which will be held June 12th and 13th, 2010. Please visit our web site at http://www.headwatersmuskies.com/for more information about our club or to join.
Thanks Again, See you all Next Year
Jim & Carol Heffner , Tournament Directors