Had my Dad up fishing with me this weekend. We started out on Sand, and caught ONE northern in about 8 hours of fishing. No follows, no other hits - nothing. Brutal day, but there's been a pretty bad algae bloom/cloudy water out there. Can't hardly see your bait until just before the leader gets to the rod tip. Never saw that out there before, but I'm not too sure it's been helping the fishing.

We went to the Flowage for 6 hours or so on Sunday during the middle of the day, and started fishing for crappies. We caught A LOT of crappies, most of them being nice. Also caught some bluegills, most of them being pigs too. Also caught a few perch, three walleyes at about 15 inches each, some northerns, and a couple bass. Just about everything was caught near the deeper edges of weeds or over tops of weeds in about 8 feet of water. The bluegills came on waxies under a bobber and the crappies came on that also, but the most and biggest were caught on 1/16 oz. jigs with 3 inch twister tails.
We fished the same area for musy for a little while, and caught a few northerns. Biggest was about 30 inches.

I tried a brush pile I caught gills and crappies on a couple weeks ago, and there was nothing there. Still lots of people fishing shallow - not sure how much they were catching.

curleytail