www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mendota report for 06-14-09

Default Mendota report for 06-14-09

Was out on Mendota this morning with the Aqua-Vu and side scan. On the rock bar I found yesterday there were two Walleyes laying on the rocks in 34 FOW. Marked a lot of fish in the deeper water where the drop offs start along the Gov. Nelson to Fox Bluff shorelines. Didn't want to waste a lot of time there, but did drop the camera down for a few seconds, long enough to see one perch. I went over some old cars I found a few years ago, and there were the ever popular sheephead around, a couple northern and one walleye laying on the bottom (which is soft silt). Also a couple of bass were crusing the area. I took some video of everything. If it came out all right I'll post a couple pictures when I get time. Didn't fish today at all. Note; all fish seen were in water at least 30' deep. Rick

Hey R_K, whatever happened with that car in Waubesa you found? I know they brought it up, but were the bodies still in it? Never heard much since it was recovered.

Default old car info

MuskieNut; yes, both bodies were inside. I couldn't see inside the car when I dove on it because it was full of silt. One door was partially open and the front 1/3 of the car was buried in the silt (upside down). The family gave me the license plate, which I had wanted for my dive collection because it was such an interesting case. His daughter or niece wanted it also but his brother said it should go back to me. Rick

Where can I find the rest of that story. I too remember reading posts about your find. However, I live in Rockford IL and never heard what happened.

Default car with bodies in story

Here's a link to a bunch of stories about the old car in Waubesa with the two bodies in it. The first one to pop up is an interview they did with me after the story was released to the public. Rick

http://www.channel3000.com/news/9612479/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by rk_diver View Post
    Here's a link to a bunch of stories about the old car in Waubesa with the two bodies in it. The first one to pop up is an interview they did with me after the story was released to the public. Rick

http://www.channel3000.com/news/9612479/detail.html
    I notice investigators at one time resorted to a "world-renowned psychic" to solve the case- are they usiing taxpayer $s to pay a psychic? morons!!

I think Rick should raffle off an opportunity to fish with him. Monthly or something to help support his diving. The kicker is we get to bring GPS. There would always be gas in your boat and some happy fishermen. Thanks for sharing what you do.