www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: topwater bite

Default topwater bite

I only had a chance to fish Sat. evening, and despite the storm and resultant temp. drop, I was determined to push the topwater bite on the river. Had one good ski follow a topraider in..... great to see that wake behind the bait, wouldn't take it though. Had 2 smallies knock the same bait into the air, and caught 2 right against the rocks on shore.

This really has me pumped to get there on Saturday ! Were you fishing the river on parts up close to the TFF ? We stay just outside FiField and fish the river alot from Park Falls south . Never put in north of town except right in town above the dam with pretty good luck there a few times for Pike and a couple nice smallies. I really want to get into some big smallies for some great pics and we are there for Pike to keep for eating . Only been on the big Lake once and that was last year , but will be making my second trip there one day next week ! It looks so much like Canada and fishes alot like it too. Caught 2 very nice smallies there last year on the rocks around some islands , and plan to move around a bit more this year !

Good luck and thanks for the tips !

Default locations

message me and I can let you know